This Month is Safety Preparedness month and Minuteman Parking Company wants to ensure that all of our employees are safe and ready to act if there is an emergency. This month we would like to go over some simple tips to help you make sure that your location is safe and we would like to remind you of some of our Emergency Procedures.
As an Employee you are responsible for:
- Learning to work safely
- Take all workplace rules seriously
- Recognize hazards
- Avoid any hazards you see
- Report ALL accidents and injuries immediately
Upper Management is responsible for:
- Providing a safe and healthy workplace
- Train employees on how to work safely
- Train employees on how to recognize hazards
- Train employees on what to do if an emergency occurs at your location
Poor housekeeping can result in slips, trips and falls and it is everyone’s responsibility to be aware of all potential hazards.
In case of an Emergency you need to be familiar with your locations’ emergency procedures. At each location we have evacuation routes and meeting places that we expect all employees to follow during an emergency.
If you are unfamiliar with the evacuation routes and meeting places please ask your manager. Below are some simple steps to follow during and emergency at your location. Each location follows these basic steps in all emergencies.
- Clear the front drive of all vehicles so that the emergency crews can have access
- If you are in an office, close the door and leave the area immediately.
- Know the location of the closest fire extinguisher. If it is a small fire try to extinguish.
- Immediately contact Hotel/Hospital Management of the emergency.
- If you are close to an alarm, pull it to activate the emergency alarm. This will warn others of the threatening situation.
Minuteman Parking Company is committed on providing a safe work environment for all employees and in return this will create a safe environment for our visitors. At any time you notice something that is unsafe please notify your Manager or Driveway Ambassador. If you have any questions on any of the emergency procedures at your location please contact your manager for clarification. Remember, safety benefits everyone and by following the simple steps we have outlined for you it will help reduce the number of workplace injuries and make your location safer for all.