By Dan Curtin
This year, we have explored various ways to help our people stretch their hard earned dollars. To that end we are offering three programs that help associates to conveniently do just that.
1. We are currently offering Minuteman associates the “Citi at Work” program from one of the largest banks in the nation, Citibank NA. “Citi at Work” is an exclusive website banking program for Minuteman associates that provides account access, direct deposit, discounts on fees, preferred interest rates, information and financial solutions online to help associates save time and money in their financial life. The goal of the Citi at Work program is to provide:
- Financial Education - to help associates gain a firm grasp on his or her financial situation
- Savings and Discounts for associates’ banking needs - a checking account with no monthly service fees and free checks and ATM card; free online bill pay, a worldwide ATM network and 24/7 customer support:
- Preferred interest rates on selected products, including checking accounts.
- Preferred mortgage pricing that gives associates $500 towards closing costs.
- Preferred pricing for home equity lines of credit and Checking Plus® (variable rate) overdraft protection and Priority processing on first mortgage and home equity applications.
- Discounts on online outgoing wire transfers, foreign currency transactions and safe deposit box.
- An exclusive 24/7 toll-free customer service number.
Citibank also will reimburse the fees other banks may charge our associates for using their ATMs—the first six per statement period—by crediting their Citigold checking account up to $5.00 per transaction on the employee’s next monthly statement.
2. In January, Minuteman introduced the “Working Advantage” program. All associates have exclusive access to the Working Advantage discount network which allows associates to save up to 60% on ticketed events and online shopping. Through Working Advantage, associates can save on:
Movie Tickets, Theme Parks, Sporting Events, Hotels and Travel, Health and Fitness, Museums and City Passes, Live Theatre (Broadway type shows), Merchant Gift Certificates, an Online Shopping Mall at name brand online stores like Best Buy, Old navy, Petco, Kohl’s and Nike…and more!
To subscribe, associates may access the Working Advantage website by going to www.workingadvantage.com on the web. When opening an individual account associates will need the Minuteman Parking ID which associates can get by calling HR. The HR department can also send any associate a flyer by email. It is free to join and there is no obligation to buy anything.
3. The third program we have introduced recently is the “2011 Employee Referral Bonus” program which will earn current associates $50 to $100 in gift cards for successful employee referrals who stay employed up to 180 days with the company. We want to encourage our great associates to refer great applicants we can put to work, providing exceptional service to our clients. The conditions and rules for this program are available from any member of management or the HR department.
We hope that these programs will in some small way help to ease the financial burdens we are all facing in these difficult times. Every little bit helps!