Minuteman Parking had another successful year and revenues grew by almost 20% in 2009 even as the hotel and hospitality business slumped due to the economy. We were able to grow our business and add shuttle operations in a year when our competitors were scrambling to survive. Making up the difference was our recent focus on parking services for the Medical Facilities business where we added four new accounts in 2009. Our goals for 2010 are to continue our strong growth, focus on the customer and improve all of our customer encounters.
I am proud to announce that Tu Sam was selected as Minuteman Manager of the year for 2009. Tu is the manager of the Seattle Airport Marriott site and has worked for Minuteman for almost six years. Tu started as a Driveway Ambassador and worked his way up to manager. Tu was the highest scoring manager in our location audit and had superior guest satisfaction scores. The bonus was that his facility had zero accident claims for 2009 which is amazing because it happened at an airport property.
Some of the other awards handed out include:
- The Revolving Door won by Dawn Harper at Hoag Hospital for hiring the most employees during the year
- Most Appreciated Manager won by Ron Machon at Torrance Marriott for hiring just 1 new employee all year
- Mr. Discipline won by Gary & John at St Joseph Hospital for handing out the most written warnings
- Follows the Rules by Kennedy Maringa at St Bernadine for having the highest score on the location audit
- Just Focus and Do It by Bryan Kramer at Tower Hotel for accomplishing all of his goals during the year
- Knows What Time It Is by Kennedy Maringa at St Bernadine for having the lowest overall lunch punches
- Knows What Time It Is by Ian Wilson at Manhattan Marriott, Tu Sam at Seattle Airport Marriott, Aaron Rosen at Fantasy Springs and Derek Coffinger at the W Hotel for great improvement in reducing lunch punches
- Zero Tolerance awards to Tu Sam at Seattle Airport Marriott, Ron Maachon at Torrance Marriott and Kennedy Maringa at St. Bernadine for having $0 (ZERO) claims in 2009
- Mr. Safety for the best improved claims to Walter Avelar at Marina Marriott, Rico Saavedra at the Huntley Hotel and Ian Wilson at the Manhattan Marriott
- The Closer Award for successfully closing the Monterey Plaza Hotel by Aidan Gabriel at the Monterey Plaza Hotel
- Mr. Service Award to Walter Avelar at Marina Marriott for improving the overall guest satisfaction score
Our team building activity this year was bowling at the Lucky Strike Lanes in Torrance. Dawn Harper and Ron Machon surprised the rest of the managers with their bowling prowess by each bowling well in excess of 150.
I would also like to thank Crecenciano Moreno who created our lovely balloon centerpieces. Creceniano is one of our shuttle drivers at CHOC and he makes balloons all day long for the visiting children. We value his extra efforts and dedication to bringing his version of happiness and joy to the CHOC facility.